Saturday 14 June 2014

T.T.F.E

Hello my fellow addicts! Sadly, this is the last time I will be addressing you all... I must say that when I started this blog, I really wasn't sure what to expect from all of you. I didn't know if people would just not read it because addiction can be a touchy subject. Or if no one would read it simply because it's nothing that interests them. Through the comments that you have left me, I now know that I was completely wrong to think those things! The things that some of you shared in regards to your own addictions or your own interests fascinated me! I'm so glad that many of you were able to pull something from each of my posts, then to give me your two cents in the comments! I can say I received everything I was hoping for out of this blog, and that was to inform people on addictions and to provide you all with information on addictions that you may not have known existed.

I decided to blog about this subject because, like I've said a few times, addiction that is something I see all around me in my life and in my family. Some of which are bad and disappointing, while others are not so dangerous and even comical!

As you carry on with your lives in this sometimes messed up world, I hope you are able to find happiness through laughter, and learn to laugh at your flaws and little weird habits or addictions. All at the same time, I hope that each and everyone of you will not be afraid to lend an ear or a hand to any one in need while they experience low points in their lives and turn to substances or anything of the sort. If it ever happens to be one of you in such a predicament, I hope you are able to remember that there is more to life than what you find in that bottle...

A wise man once said, "Be the man you would want your son to be." Who said that, I have no idea...
With that, I say my final farewells and wish you all the best in your future endeavours and challenges!

Your fellow addict,
Ben.

2 comments:

  1. In all Ben, you had one of my favorite blogs to read. It was very interesting to read and I enjoyed everyone of them. Thank you for sharing all your personal addictions with us and informing us on the topic of addictions that affect a very big amount of people in our society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and compelling blog Ben. As a video game addict, your blog on the subject got me thinking. It is such a waste of time, and yet we find ourselves playing more and more. I've got to work on that.

    I was truly touched when reading your blog about your personal experiences. I grew up with a family member that was an alcoholic and it was a truly harrowing experience.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete